Saturday, July 10, 2010

Help! immediate 10pts. Where is the best place to see the night sky INSIDE the US (LF honeymoon cabin rental)?

My fiance' and I are getting married next month.. problem is.. I STILL haven't decided on our honeymoon spot!





I know we want to camp or rent a cabin out in the wilderness somewhere, but I have absolutley no idea where. I've been on countless cabin rental sites from everywhere from tennessee to colorado, they all LOOK isolated and nice, but upon inspection they are actually very close to nearby towns or other cabins. The ones that were actually very isolated were scary.. like something out of ';the hills have eyes';. All run down, and creepy.





I have 2 questions:





#1 -- Where is the best place to view the night sky within the US (excluding Mexico and far east states such as Maine). We were thinking Minnesota, Tennessee, Arizona, Utah, Idaho ect.





and #2 -- Has anyone stayed at, or knows of a really good, really isolated cabin? Please include link or phone #.





Thanks so much everyone! I will give 10pts to the best answer immediatly :)Help! immediate 10pts. Where is the best place to see the night sky INSIDE the US (LF honeymoon cabin rental)?
Butler, TN has some rental cabins which are isolated. However, at this time of year (summer) there is haze - if you really want skies so clear you can reach up and grab a handful of stars, then visit Butler in January!


I know of one cabin which is next to a creek on 140 acres which back up to the Cherokee National Forest with a section of the Appalachian Trail on top. Check out the website: www.creeksidechalet.net. It is so isolated you could run around naked and only the deer and turkey would know you are home.


You can even arrange a wedding there, or on Watauga Lake nearby!


Butler is a small town which was flooded by the TVA back in the 40's. Friendly people, lots of outdoor and music activities, but not a lot of night life except in Johnson City about 45 minutes away.Help! immediate 10pts. Where is the best place to see the night sky INSIDE the US (LF honeymoon cabin rental)?
I don't know how much $$ you are willing to spend but this place will definitely fit your wants:





http://www.vrbo.com/90848





I have stayed there and the night sky is absolutely unbelievable! It is far enough away from cities to be remote, yet close enough to get there in a reasonable amount of time. You can fly into Albuquerque, rent a car and be there in 2-3 hours, depending on how many times you stop to look at the gorgeous scenery along the way.





If this is too much $$ I would recommend finding a realtor in the Jemez Springs area and have them look for you. Jemez


Springs is a perfect place for a honeymoon. I know - I spent mine there!!





Good luck and I wish you a very happy marriage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment