Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Gatlinburg, Tennessee cabin rental for an 18-year-old?

I'm looking to rent a cabin in Gatlinburg this April for a few days over spring break with friends. (We're all seniors in high school and 18). The problem is, I keep running across places that only allow people 21 years or older to rent one. Could anyone link me to places that allow 18-year-olds to rent? Is it even possible or am I wasting my time?





It's kind of stupid if you ask me...we're very well capable of handling a cabin. And anyone who ruins something should just be charged. We're legal adults. I don't understand what the big deal is.





But anyways, please help if possible! Thanks!Gatlinburg, Tennessee cabin rental for an 18-year-old?
You are probably wasting your time as more and more hotels, motels, etc are not renting to those under 21 and sometimes even 25.





Remember the old adage that one rotten apple spoils it for the whole bunch and I am sure they have encountered more than their share of problems and destruction after renting to those under 21 so while you are perfectly capable of renting without a problem they would rather not take that chance.





You might offer to leave a high deposit, $300+, and see if that helps.Gatlinburg, Tennessee cabin rental for an 18-year-old?
Since you are under 21, your best bet is to contact condo / cabin owners directly to see if they will rent to you. It may help to offer a large deposit upfront. Very few hotels or motels will rent to you if you are under 21.





Rather than give you a specific property name and location, I would suggest that you do some research on the available houses/condos, the prices and the locations. I have used justvr.com in the past and it was quite helpful for narrowing down my choices and booking a few nights stay.
Jess...





If you owned a cabin, would you rent to 18-year-olds? Over spring break?





Mac

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was so lucky to visit this site I really want to recommend this to everyone cause there no doubt about its content I really love this one thanks for sharing this!I hope that I can see new interesting topics I am looking forward to that Creating an unfunded PhD tier could have dire consequences for the accessibility and diversity of the graduate school, never mind the collegial atmosphere within and between departments. Thank you for the post. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.
hotel big bear

Car Rental Under 21 said...

If you have a job or are doing an internship and need to rent a car, see if your company has a corporate account with a rental car agency. Some companies have special contracts with rental companies that allow employees to rent at reduced rates and avoid paying underage fees. See more here: car rentals for 20 year olds .

Post a Comment